Financial Releases

TriQuint Reports Inducement Equity Grant Under NASDAQ Marketplace Rule 5635

HILLSBORO, Ore. August 8, 2011 - TriQuint Semiconductor, Inc. (NASDAQ:TQNT), a leading RF solutions supplier and technology innovator, today announced that its Board of Directors Compensation Committee approved a stock option award to newly-hired Vice President and General Manager of Defense and Aerospace business, James L. Klein.

The aggregate grant of 155,000 shares of TriQuint common stock was made to Mr. Klein under the company's 2008 Inducement Award Program. The stock option grant has an effective date of August 5, 2011. The options will vest 25 percent on August 5, 2012, with the remaining 75 percent vesting quarterly over the next three years. The stock options have an exercise price of $6.99, which was the closing price of TriQuint's common stock on August 5, 2011. The option grant expires on August 5, 2021.

TriQuint's Compensation Committee, which is solely comprised of independent directors, approved the grant of the stock options on May 13, 2011 in accordance with NASDAQ Listing Standard 5635©(4).

This TriQuint Semiconductor, Inc. (NASDAQ:TQNT) press release contains forward-looking statements made pursuant to the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Readers are cautioned that forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. The cautionary statements made in this press release should be read as being applicable to all related statements wherever they appear. Statements containing such words as 'leading', 'exceptional', 'high efficiency', 'key role', 'leading supplier', or similar terms are considered to contain uncertainty and are forward-looking statements. A number of factors affect TriQuint's operating results and could cause its actual future results to differ materially from any results indicated in this press release or in any other forward-looking statements made by, or on behalf of, TriQuint including, but not limited to: those associated with the unpredictability and volatility of customer acceptance of and demand for our products and technologies, the ability of our production facilities and those of our vendors to meet demand, the ability of our production facilities and those of our vendors to produce products with yields sufficient to maintain profitability, as well as the other "Risk Factors" set forth in TriQuint's most recent 10-Q report filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. This and other reports can be found on the SEC web site, A reader of this release should understand that these and other risks could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations expressed / implied in forward-looking statements.

Founded in 1985, TriQuint Semiconductor (NASDAQ:TQNT) is a leading global provider of innovative RF solutions and foundry services for the world's top communications, defense and aerospace companies. People and organizations around the world need real-time, all-the-time connections; TriQuint products help reduce the cost and increase the performance of connected mobile devices and the networks that deliver critical voice, data and video communications. With the industry's broadest technology portfolio, recognized R&D leadership, and expertise in high-volume manufacturing, TriQuint creates standard and custom products using gallium arsenide (GaAs), gallium nitride (GaN), surface acoustic wave (SAW) and bulk acoustic wave (BAW) technologies. The company has ISO9001-certified manufacturing facilities in the U.S., production in Costa Rica, and design centers in North America and Germany. For more information, visit

TriQuint: Connecting the Digital World to the Global Network® 
Media Contact: Brandi Frye,
Director, Marketing Communications
TriQuint Semiconductor, Inc.
Tel: +1-503-615-9488
Mobile: +1.503.780.2318

Steve Buhaly,
VP of Finance & Administration, CFO
Tel: +1-503-615-9401
Source: TriQuint Semiconductor, Inc.